Don’t know about you, but for me Dropbox has become one of the irreplaceable tools in the last few months.
Dropbox may be a bit pricey for syncing large amounts of data, but for most things the free 2 GB account is more than adequate (click here to get your account setup).
Here are just a few things I’m using Dropbox for:
- Research notes for blog projects – there aren’t that many files that one would usually need for preparing the next blog post or a summary page. Dropbox helps a lot cause I can store all the photos/images/PDF docs/doc files in folders named after projects.
- eBooks on the go – GoodReader app for my iPad supports many cloud storage solutions, Dropbox is one of them. This means reading any book on iPad is always just a few clicks away. Just drag-and-drop the file into the Dropbox folder and it will appear on iPad upon next sync
- Passwords and secure notes – I’ve been a happy user of the 1Password tool which I highly recommend for storing passwords if universal access matters – 1Password has clients for iPhone/iPad and also desktop clients for both Windows and Mac. Since adding Dropbox support the password sync became even easier.
- Study notes and assignments – because I never know where I might find next half an hour to spend on one of the assignments for my college, I use Dropbox to store all the current study notes and active assignments – this way I can review or update documents during my lunch break at work or from any of my home computers.
- MyLifeOrganized synchronization – although I’m not using Dropbox for MLO sync anymore (I’ve been using MLO Cloud sync feature for quite some time now) – it’s been a valid option to sync MLO files for the last few years and I’ve never had any issues (and if I did there’s always way to roll changes back).
Are you using Dropbox yet? If not, you should really consider! If you decide to sign up, please use this Dropbox affiliate link so that I get some free space as your referer. If you ever need help with Dropbox on Windows or Mac I’ll be happy to help – just leave a comment or drop me an email using the contact form.