Welcome to the very first edition of Personal Development Radar!
I would like to thank everyone for your interest and support, it does help to know what you think of my suggestions. I will try my best to develop the original idea and make it into yet another one great source of useful resources for you to turn to in your personal development quest.
Here are all the interesting news I’ve got for you today:
- Blog introduction: John Wesley is an author behind Pick the Brain blog. Here is his message for you:
I invite you to check out my blog Pick the Brain. It focuses primarily on self improvement, individuality and the pursuit of happiness. There is a more detailed description up on the home page of the site.Website: http://www.pickthebrain.com
Personally: I think it’s one of the best self improvement blogs around. Definitely worth your time.
- Blog introduction: Travis Morgan has contacted me about his website – Zen Moon:On this site I post my poetry, art, music, and thoughts. My “thoughts” category is what I think may be most beneficial to people looking to personally develop. I often discuss, the subjects of “who are we really,” “finding our path in life” “on truth” and many other subjects that are very beneficial to self development.
The only thing that I ask from visitors as that they participate in the discussions by simply leaving a comment.
- Online tool: Peep Laja emailed me to point out that his Dreaminder website is up and ready for new visitors.Often we run through life not even knowing where do we want to go, what to do with our lives. We seldom think about our dreams and we might not even know where do we want to end up. Its even harder to stay on track to reach our dreams.
Dreaminder is website where you can go and think of these things. Dreaminder enables you to write down your dream – and send it to yourself in the future. On the date you specify, you will receive your dream in the email you entered. At that point, you have the opportunity to compare the life you live with your dreams and see how far you’ve come.
Personally: I think it’s a pretty cool idea. In fact, I’ve done something similar myself in the past, long before emailing yourself made sense. I’ll be sure to tell you all about it in the coming weeks, but one thing I know for sure: it’s always useful to recall your goals and dreams now and then to see where you are and to know which direction to choose next.
- Blog introduction: Organize IT.Organize IT offers advice on organized and productive living through lifehacks and GTD so as to benefit your home, work, relationships, finances and your personal life.
Personally: I didn’t know this blog before, even though it seems to have been around for half-a-year. I like the structure and will definitely read RSS. Thanks for the suggestion!
- Blog introduction: Manny dropped me an email about the Success Books blog.Here is what he says about this project:
Iâ€™ve been reading books on success and achievement for many years and thought I would share the results of that reading with others. Of course, nowadays there is also a huge flood of videos, podcasts, and, of course great websites to explore. I intend to post about my favorites.
From time to time I also share my experiences from my career as a successful business owner in a high-pressure creative field, and as a trader and investor.
Personally: I’ve been looking for a website like this, so I welcomed the news. I’ll be slowly developing my own books section into a similar set of reviews, but now there’s a good start.
That’s all I’ve got for today! Please leave your ideas in comments, and contact me regarding your blogs or products to be featured in the next edition of Personal Development Radar.