Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I posted on this blog, but now that plan to spend more time on this I would like to start by sharing a guest post with you. This post was written by M.Farouk Radwan, the founder of http://www.2knowmyself.com website. Farouk has one of the most popular and content-rich websites in the personal development field, and almost everyone is sure to find at least a few articles thereÂ which will be truly useful.
The One Surefire Secret That Can Help You Succeed
Everyone wants to be successful in life but only a small percentage of people manage to become successful, why is that?
Is it because people donâ€™t work hard? No, some people work really hard and they never reach what they want
Is it because they didnâ€™t try?
No, lots of people tried to succeed and failed
So what is the secret to success?
And how can you become successful even if you face lots of obstacles in your daily life?
Ask any successful person about the secret of his success and he will tell you the same thing. Success is all about trying enough number of times until you manage to find out the right way that works
Need a proof?
If this sounds weird or if you want a hard proof that reaching success is all about trying enough number of times then read the following real life examples:
- Thomas Edison failed nine hundred ninety nine times before he succeeded in inventing the lamp On the 1000th trial!!!, right after doing that people asked him, how did you manage to bear all that criticism and keep going? He answered each time it didnâ€™t work I never said â€œI failedâ€ but I only said I discovered a new way how to not invent the lamp
- Henry Ford lost all of his fortune 6 times and each time he bounced back and rebuilt his empire.
- Walt Disney’s idea of creating a cartoon character called “Mickey Mouse” was rejected more than 5 times until he managed to find someone who supported the idea and then Mickey came to life.
- English novelist John Creasy got 753 rejection slips before he published 564 books and became a famous writer!
- Most people know that Warren buffet the richest man in the world made his money from investments but what the majority of people donâ€™t about Buffet is that his tutor recommended that he chooses another career other than finance because he believed that it doesnâ€™t suit him!
Maybe those people were exceptions?
Do you think that those people were exceptions and that you canâ€™t be as persistent as them?
No they werenâ€™t, because you did that too long ago! Remember when you were learning how to walk? How many times did you fall? Why did you keep going? Because it this point you believed that its possible and thatâ€™s why you never stopped trying
I want you to watch any child trying to hold a door knob for the first time, you will find that the child will hold the objects incorrectly many times before it manages to find out the right way.
Thatâ€™s how the learning process works, we learn through negative feedback which means that we have to do wrong things in order to learn how to avoid our mistakes the next time
So why do people fail to succeed?
Those who fail arenâ€™t the ones who donâ€™t try hard enough
They arenâ€™t the ones who are pessimistic
They arenâ€™t the ones who donâ€™t try
But they are the ones who give up after few failures because they donâ€™t understand that reaching success is only a matter of trying and tying until something works for them.
If Walt destiny lost hope long ago Mickey, Disney land and the Walt Disney corporation wouldnâ€™t have came to life and I wont have even mentioned his name in this post
Now imagine the kind of things that would never exist in this world if you gave up too soon!!
Success is all about the number of tires!
And if you need any more proofs just ask any successful person
Written by M.Farouk Radwan
The founder of http://www.2knowmyself.com, The Ultimate source for self understanding