Best Days Ever? That’s easy!
How come we’re so different it’s not even funny?
You (usually) get what you expect
Stay alert for the good stuff
Tips for having the Best Days of your life
- Appreciate your victories – if you don’t have a habit of appreciating your small victories and joyful moments, I strongly advise you to pick this habit up as soon as you can.
- Take the time to recognize your success – If you’re working hard on some project towards a tight deadline – take the time to recognize all the effort when you’re done.
- Help others notice they’re winning – Drop your colleagues a quite note to thank them for helping you, they’ll appreciate you even noticed that they participated.
- Celebrate special moments – Write yourself a memo to bring home a bottle of wine and celebrate a milestone with your family – however small of an achievement it may seem.
- Anticipate the reward – Anticipate the joy and the reward upon achieving your next goal
- Turn everyday things into special ones – most of the above tips will help you stay focused on the good things in your life. But if your situation is so unique that you fail to see anything good, it’s time to change your direction. Instead of staying alert for the good stuff, start taking every opportunity to make things better – first for others, then for yourself. If no moment seems special enough – think of the next best thing and pronounce it special enough to warrant a celebration. It’s not like you have to qualify, you know? The moment you agree that something is positive, it will get this much better to you and to others.
Think I’ve inspired you enough? Give it a go and stop by to let me know how it worked for you. If you’re stuck for more ideas – just ask and I’ll be sure to post more tips.